I am in love with these beaded leather wrap bracelets! I will warn you now: if you make one, you will want to make a dozen (and try to wear them all at the same time).
What you need:
Around two or three hours
Leather cord, 1mm - 2mm thick (about 55 inches long for a triple-wrap)
Beads (a great size is 3mm or 4mm)
Thread (regular polyester thread or nylon thread)
Needle (beading needles are really nice, but not necessary - any skinny needle that fits through your beads will work)
Fray Check (optional)
1. Measure the cord by wrapping it around your wrist the number of times you want. Double that length and add six inches to allow for tying knots for the button and the button hole.
2. Fold the cord in half and tie a knot to form the button hole. Measure so that it fits snugly around the button, so your bracelet won't fall off.
3. Cut about an arm's length of thread and thread the needle. Tie the ends to the leather cord, near the button hole knot. You can just hold the cord while you work, or secure it somehow. I like to clip the button hole end to a clipboard so it stays steady for me.
4. You will sew through each bead twice, left to right and right to left. Make a figure-8 with the thread, sewing over the left cord and through the bead, then under the right cord, over the right cord and through the bead, then under the left cord. Repeat for all beads.
5. When the thread gets pretty short, tie a knot around the leather cord and weave the ends of the thread through the last few beads you added. Cut another length of thread, thread the needle, and tie the new thread to the cord to continue beading.
6. As you get closer to the end of the leather cord, wrap the bracelet around your wrist to measure it. After you've added enough beads, knot the thread around the leather cord and sew in the ends.
7. Tie the button onto one end of the cord. Tie both ends of the cord together and weave in or trim off any excess.
8. You can put a drop of Fray Check on each thread knot to make the knots more secure.
Now you get to wear that bracelet while you start the next one. Wouldn't these be great gifts for your stylish friends?